2016 wasn't all smooth sailing. I had two United trips cancelled and refunded because of irregular operations. It was extra frustrating because I lost upgrades, status opportunities, and two days. Lufthansa also went on strike and interrupted a trip to Europe with <24 hours notice. Air Canada also canceled a transatlantic flight on me. I flew a total of 159,969 miles this year.
|2016 Paid Travel
|2016 Total Travel
- Best inflight experience: British Airways A380 first class. The seat and service were superb. QANTAS's A330 business class from SYD to PER was outstanding and vastly superior to their A380 business class product. The slow cooked lamb on QANTAS was also my favorite inflight meal. Their domestic service is the best I've ever experienced.
- Plane spotting at airport hotels is fun. Just ask for a room with a good view and they usually can accommodate. Having an airport scanner helps.
- I won a Lufthansa FCT ducky.
- The Air New Zealand 75th anniversary exhibition in Auckland was a fun surprise. The Pima Air & Space Museum was fun and is available year round.
- New Aircraft: E175, B789.
- New Airports: GUM, AKL, PER, JNB, CPT, ORY, TUS, HKG, MEM.
|View of London from my A380 Seat
|Aircraft at HNL
|Lounge View at IAH in the Morning
|Paris is Lovely
|Denver also Photographs Well
|Southwest 737-300 Take Off from PVD
|Brussels Airport - Sigh
|I Love 747's
|I Really Love 747's
|737 Landing at SYD