With Fairmont being absorbed by Accor Hotels, the Fairmont card from Chase is only viable for a short while longer, but I am tempted to get one. I have until Jan 31, 2016 to decide.
- 2 free nights at any Fairmont location after spending $3,000 in 3 months.
- No annual fee in the first year, and presumably only year, of card membership.
- Fairmont status boost to the middle level.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Though not officially impossible, don't plan to enjoy a free night at The Plaza or The Savoy.
- Chase's Fairmont points program is separate from Fairmont's President Club program. The Chase points must be redeemed through Chase. The award chart is miserable too. Expect a $25 gift card. Free nights start at $25,000 in spending.